Teledyne LeCroy CrossSync PHY concept
CrossSync PHY enables waveforms from Teledyne LeCroy oscilloscopes to be viewed alongside protocol analyzer traces, with complete time-correlation of electrical and protocol information for easy and powerful validation and root-cause analysis.
CrossSync PHY gives deeper insight and more visibility into the most complex behaviors in a PCI Express link. Link training, power-on operations, and power management transitions all involve interactions between protocol and electrical layers.
Validate and debug active link operation
- CrossSync PHY capable interposers enable observation of both electrical and protocol behavior without disturbing the link
- Sideband signals, reference clock and power rails are all easily accessible to oscilloscope probes
- Optional high-bandwidth oscilloscope probing points for PCI Express data lane
Quickly resolve interoperability issues by capturing the entire protocol stack
- Trigger protocol analyzer and oscilloscope captures on the same high-level event
- Easily measure timing relationships between protocol and electrical domains
- Faster root-cause analysis means fewer costly finger-pointing exercises
Analyze link training with integrated physical and protocol views
- Observe electrical-level results of protocol-level commands
- Combined navigation means always knowing which protocol and electrical behaviors happen at the same time
- No single instrument can deliver this level of cross-layer insight into link training