The SGX1000 series of RF signal generators offer high performance signal generation with an easy-to-use interface in a compact form factor. The SGX1000 utilizes a proprietary blend of direct digital and direct analog synthesis to provide ultra-fine frequency resolution, lightning-fast frequency switching, ultra-low phase noise and jitter, and superior reliability.
The instrument’s intuitive, multi-touch display enables easy access and configuration to perform frequency and/or power sweeps as well as apply amplitude, frequency, phase and pulse modulation to address a wide variety of test requirements.
- Frequency range: 10 MHz to 18 GHz
- Output power range: -70 to +20 dBm
- AM/FM/θM and pulse modulation
- 10/100 MHz reference input
- Multi-touch, touchscreen
- Lightning fast – Maximum switching speed: 6 µs /100µs
- Ultra-low phase noise (3 GHz, 10 kHz offset) -123 dBc/Hz (typ)
- Ultra-low jitter: 55 fs (typ)
- Excellent amplitude accuracy (as low as -70 dBm): +/-0.25 dB (typ)
- Superior reliability – MTBF (synthesizer module): >240,000
RF signal generators have been a staple in test and measurement for more than a half century. During that time, they have evolved significantly, but the underlying principles remain the same. This whitepaper provides an overview of the basic construction of RF signal generators and the associated figures of merit.